a few words about miss chelsea elizabeth...

she likes: making kites, dancing in the rain, adventures, little-while friends, letters, whole-leaf tea, crayons, bare feet, jumping in rivers/streams/creeks/waterfalls, language, catching the clock as it changes numbers, sleepovers, trains (big or small), cuddling & waking up before the sun rises, among other random things.

oregon-born, seattle-raised, bellingham-bred and franco-refined, she had moved back to the states from her affairs across the atlantic & now resides in columbia city with french husband & love of her life rémy. they spend most of their time taming the garden, taking care of their three chickens & two cats, and preparing the urban homestead for a new little chick of their own.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

puzzled.

One of my goals is to complete one puzzle every month. I'm sure some will be cheezy and others artistic or classy. Some might even end up on our walls. Here is documentation.

Puzzle #4: Rémy Clown (216 pieces)

A smaller one, but one of my favorites ever. Rémy's mom gave this to me when she heard I liked puzzles. It's a photo of him when he was a kid, dressed up as a clown for carnival. Pretty adorable.







Puzzle #3: Ant Parade (1080 pieces)
Some friends saw us doing our ant puzzle and wanted to join the fun so they bought one of their own. I borrowed it and put my spare time to work. Unfortunately two pieces were still at their apartment, but I did the best I could...


completed puzzle.

detail.




Puzzle #2: Paradise (1000 pieces)

I spent over three weeks on this sucker and could not finish it. It was a crappy $3 impulse buy at a cheapy CostCutter-like store here near my apartment. Every single piece fit into every single piece. Which was okay when there were patterns to recognize; the dock, boats, the borders, clouds, the skyline, even certain waves. But once it got to the same color water, I spent hours and hours and days and days just to fit a few pieces in. And then I could never tell if what I had done was right because multiple pieces seemed to fit in the same spot every time!! Eventually Tippen ate or destroyed or hid one of the border pieces & I decided enough was enough. This is what I got done.


the piece tippen ate is in the upper right border.
the rest was just too damn hard.


i'm not sure if this show just how similar the pieces were, but it was ridick.



Puzzle #1 : Seasons of Ants (1080 pieces)


the box.



the finished product.






detail.


No comments: