and now all of a sudden my birthday has come and gone and i've realized how OLD i feel. or maybe old isn't the right word. i am well aware that twenty-five is not fifty or even thirty, but it's right around the corner! i am officially approaching thirty freaking years old and i have no idea what i am doing with my life!!! it's a scary concept.
but despite my backward/hippie/gypsy (as my grandpa would say) ways (as in the fact that i have little money, even less career, and no signs of either one coming to me anytime soon), looking back on the past few years i can see how much i have accomplished.
let's make a list, shall we?
- ran a marathon at 19
- graduated cum laude in four years with two bachelor degrees at 22
- lived/worked in taiwan
- moved to france (to work) at 22
- rode my bike to spain from central france at 23
- traveled around the entire US at 23/24 (visiting 32 states)
- married a frenchman at 24
- suceeded in the horrifying process that is immigration
- learned to grow my own food/maintain a garden
- learned to cook amazing stuff (homemade breads, homemade soy milk/tofu, homemade wines)
- sucessfully found a job in a foreign country
- started saving for future bike travel around the world
of course there are plenty of things i'd love to accomplish before i hit the three decade mark, but then again five years is quite a chunk of time when you really think about it. until then i guess i'll just keep following my heart and keep my mind open to life's little surprises and we'll see where in this beautiful world i end up!